Sunday, October 26, 2008

kindred spirits

A feline after my own heart, this one is. Whenever I come home, she's here, lounging in my own favorite spot with some yarn close by...

My weekend involved very little homework, but it included lots of cleaning, the hanging of a new picture (my own birthday present to myself): and the baking of cinnamon bread, and yes, the casting on of a new project!This is my first foray into colorwork. It's the holiday lights tam from last winter's IK, and I'm excited for it. I had to dye some yarn today to obtain the lime-green color that I need. I can go no further until it's dried and wound and ready to go, but here's what I've got so far:
And, here's some recently purchased yarn that I'm just dying to start work with. Fortunately, my shrug will be done any day now and I've finshed the body of the february lady...I'm giving myself a week to do the sleeves. So hopefully, I can cast on for a new sweater in a week. I think Liesl will be next.
:

1 comment:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

How is your tam coming? Doesn't it go surprisingly fast??