Here's my February lady, which is still coming along slowly. About an inch more of lace, then I can knit the bottom edge and then finally get some sleeves on that baby.
Quite the endless knit, this one. After finishing the piece and pinning it together and trying it on, I realized the ribbing section was not big enough. The thought of ripping it all back to the first section of ribbing and adding some more made me ill! My friend Jenny suggested that I just knit a couple extra inches of ribbing to graft onto the cast-on edge, so I knit a couple more inches on the other end and tried it on again. Turns out, the mock-rib section in the middle was really too long. So I ripped back all the ribbing on the end and about 2 inches of the mock-rib section, too. (About 2 1/4 balls of yarn frogged!) Now I'm re-knitting the ribbing on the cast-off edge, and when I'm done with that, I will try the grafting thing. I'm definitely scared of it, though.
I was supposed to do about 8 hours of homework today. I fell very far short of that goal, but I did get a new haircut and color. Since that's the most productive thing I did all day, here's a photo:
brianne's socks and a tiny little zip pouch
4 hours ago