Wednesday, July 15, 2009

tuxedo top in progress

I finished the back to my tuxedo top a couple of weeks ago, and blocked it, too, but it's taken me this long to get a picture up. When I finished knitting it, I found its measurements were that of the small size, which is decidedly not for me! However, it stretched out a couple of inches while blocking. Still, several flaws did not block out--this yarn shows a lot! I dropped a stitch and didn't discover it until several rows later, and the after-effects of picking up that stitch is still visible, unfortunately. Even more unfortunate, the errors show a lot more clearly on the purl side--and the piece is in reverse stockinette! Oh well. I will hope that the front (which I am knitting VERY slowly, I only have about 6 inches after 3 weeks) has fewer mistakes.

Another post will follow very soon, as I am just about finished with a little sewing project...

1 comment:

The Song-Knitter said...

I'm sure the mistakes are barely visible ;) Hope you are doing well my knitting friend faraway. We finally have internet, so hopefully I'll be a little more active online. Let's talk soon!

Jenny