Sunday, July 20, 2008

finally, off the loom

The sampler that I started in my first weaving class last march is done. It was so boring, and I knew that it would have no purpose in life, so it was very hard to motivate to work on it. But after all that work involved in warping, I wasn't going to quit until I had finished the whole thing. So, it's done: a long, rather sloppy piece of fabric woven in plain weave, mostly. And I've started my next project: a set of coasters. One is done already!

In other news, my shawl is coming along: I may do one more repeat of the lace and then start the edging.

1 comment:

Jenny Hodgson said...

Your weaving is really beautiful...I love those colors together! Sorry you're stuck without yarn to finish the shawl though! Can't wait to see it when you're finished!