Today was spent almost entirely in cleaning out my closet. What a satisfying feeling to be done with that! My ankle was swollen and aching (from my 2 1/2 hour salsa class last night, I suppose) so I didn't get out for the hike that I was hoping for. But I did get a little knitting done.
Speaking of which, here's the status of my two current WIP's: I had to rip back about 8 rows of the Lillian tank since I realized that my lace pattern wasn't quite lining up right, but I've fixed the problem and now all is going along smoothly.I got quite a bit done on the lotus blossom tank while I was away. However, I ended up ripping back quite a lot of that, too, after reading about some other knitters' issues with the pattern and their solutions. I'm not following anyone's modifications per se. But I have decided to lengthen it, so I'm adding several inches of stockinette stitch before the armhole (I couldn't bear to knit another repeat of the lace and besides, I think less is more when it comes to lace.) I also included three decrease rounds after the lace section instead of just one to add a little more waist shaping. I will probably get back to that tomorrow, but I'm taking a break from it today as my wrists are kind of hurting since the yarn does not have very much give at all.
brianne's socks and a tiny little zip pouch
4 hours ago