Wednesday, May 28, 2008

endless lace

I've completed two repeats of the lotus blossom lace pattern and I've got 2 more to go before switching to stockinette. It's going very slowly and I'm dying to cast on for a new project but I'm not letting myself do that. So instead of knitting, I'm spending a lot of time dreaming of what my next project will be. I think another summer tee or sweater. I'm sort of on a sweater kick right now.

On Monday I cut out all the pieces for a new wrap skirt (McCall's 5430) but have gotten no further. I don't know why I stalled, since cutting is the part that I loathe, but I just don't feel like sitting down at the machine.

And here is my loom, which has been in the exact same state for about three months now. This is only a sampler, which I started in a class in March, and I haven't been able to make myself finish it so I can move on to a real project. I want to make some coasters and maybe some placemats, but I feel like I need to finish this sampler first, unless I want to give up on it. I guess that's one thing that might be good about weaving...if you only have one loom, you can only have one project going at a time.

No comments: