Today I finally started practicing free-motion quilting with my new free-motion darning foot, and began quilting Julian's baby quilt. I'm about halfway done. It's quite tiring on the back/arms but it's coming out looking ok! I hope I'll finish it tomorrow.I also sewed myself a laptop sleeve with some old fabric I found. I wasn't about to pay $40 for a new one. Who knows what I paid for this fabric but I'm guessing total cost for this thing (including the quilt batting) is well under $5. I also added some interfacing to a couple coin purses I made last summer to sturdy them up. They're much more functional now. And, I'm still working on my Ishbel #2. It's slow going. I really need to get a long circular size 6 BAMBOO needle. These stitches constantly slip off my needles . Like every row I'm picking up stitches. Grr.
Here's some new fabric I ordered from Sew Mama Sew. I think I'll use some of it for a new quilt.
corn chowder with chile, lime and cotija
3 hours ago