Friday, September 4, 2009

fo: lemony snicket socks

Pattern: Lemony Snicket Socks by Sabine on Magknits
Yarn: Koigu KPM Premium Merino Wool, 175 yds, 2 skeins (with a little left over)
Needles: 3
Gauge: 28 stitches/4 inches
Began: March 18, 2009
Finished: September 4, 2009
Modifications: Because I didn't get gauge, I made a size medium even though I definitely have large feet. I didn't modify the pattern until the toe decreases. I got tired of working the decrease every 4th row and switched to every row after I had done 4 decrease rounds instead of after 7 (it also was looking like the socks were going to be too long.) I stopped when I had 10 stitches remaining and grafted them together, too.
It's pathetic how long it took me to finish these! The first one was done in April but the second sock dragged on. The pattern was kind of annoying to knit; I detested the rows where I had to cross the purl and knit stitches, but I'm pleased with the final result. This is the first pair of socks I've made for myself (after the cable footies, which I've never worn since I lost the first before I finished the 2nd).

1 comment:

Jenny Hodgson said...

These look awesome Katie! I miss knitting with you : (